Do these words “Single and happy” sound like a bit of a paradox to you? Are you of the opinion that singles can not be happy? Are you postponing decisions in life only with the by-line, after I am married and settled?
Do you often feel that fun and enjoyment in life can not be fully appreciated unless you have someone to share it with? And do you always think that there is never enough time and monetary resources for a single person, to pursue any experience which bring true happiness ?
If these are your inner gut feel, not to lose hope. Go through the following tips to appreciate your present status in a different perspective. It is possible, through a lot of behavioral changes. The tips highlight how to lead a carefree, fun-filled and balanced existence as a single person, which in turn also paves the path for you to achieve a nice, healthy long-term relationship in future.
- Seek self-fulfillment as an individual.Concentrate on yourself first. Focus on the things that bring you joy and fulfillment. Be it a hobby or people, do whatever makes you happy. Don’t let peace and enjoyment elude you as you wait eternally to share a good movie or a beautiful scenery with your future partner.
- Don’t put off important life decisions while waiting for that special someone.Take life as it comes. Take appropriate decisions when the time is relevant according to you. For instance owning a house. Go ahead and do it. Hardly matters if it is too small in future. You can take a further decision to sell or rent that house. But right now it suffices your immediate needs and helps you invest in something which brings safety and security.Also comes with tax benefits. If you decide to change cities, change jobs, go back to studies – do it by all means. Just might need a bit of re-shuffling your priorities but delaying such decisions can permanently switch off a plan, if you wait for a partner to arrive and settle down first. Time waits for none. Don’t put your life on hold for anyone, that also yet unseen and unmet. Instead, work towards achieving your goals with determination and a sense of purpose.
- Pamper yourself. Do some indulgence every now and then. It keeps you happy and alive. Like taking a holiday to an exotic island which you always wanted. Of course, you can repeat the exercise with the special someone later. Do things which a couple would do normally. Live in style, for your self. Use good looking china at the dinner table, light that romantic candle and put on your favorite song while you munch alone. You deserve these small but important things to yourself.Make your home beautiful. You will feel like returning to it everyday. You can easily do this without having to spend a fortune. Make it as cozy as possible – a dream retreat. You and your mate can re-decorate it once you establish a life together.
- Make a plan, not excuses. Plan and organize your life. Don’t give so much importance and priority to your job that it seems you are married to it. Set time schedules for each activity and work according to priority. We often hold our job as the most popular excuse for us not being able to do anything else in life – things which befit our other needs and desires.You think ignoring your job means not going up the corporate ladder or slowing down. But remember the most important thing is to bring a sense of balance in life. Because lack of it affects your mental, emotional, spiritual and leisure of life. A workaholic is someone you may meet, but never be one.
- Write down your must haves.Stop that mad rush all the time. Learn to relax and take it easy and unwind. It helps with your mental health. Keep a score card how you’re doing and make necessary adjustments. Stop being a couch potato, delete TV from your life once in a while. Instead, read a good stimulating book, reflect and look inwards to get peace and tranquility.
You have just started to turn a new leaf in life. Let this spring bring a long-lasting spring to your life. After all, this earth is our earth – this time is our time. Make full use of what you have already and see all the beautiful things Mother Nature has to offer in bountiful. And lastly, don’t let the spirit of life dampen, for this is the only permanent thing we have with us. Irrespective of our relationship status.